Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Leadership Thought: My Go to Christian Song When I Need Encouragement.

Dear Friends,

Ask a person what his or her favorite Christian music is, and you will get a wide assortment of answers. We all have our favorites, Of course  a simple song like "I Love You Lord" would be on a lot of lists as would "How Great Thou Art" by Carrie Underwood. These two would certainly be included on mine. It would hard for me to leave off "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me, or “Our God Reigns,” or classic country favorites like “Go Rest High on the Mountain” by Vince Gill and Patty Lovelace, or “Three Wooden Crosses” by Randy Travis. It would be a challenge for me to  pick just one favorite, but if I had to pick just one, I think it would be "Raise a Hallelujah" by Jonathan and Melissa Helser. It is my go-to song when the storm winds blow, and I feel like everything around me is shouting out the words hopeless.


I raise a hallelujah, in the presence of my enemies

I raise a hallelujah, louder than the unbelief

I raise a hallelujah, my weapon is a melody

I raise a hallelujah, Heaven comes to fight for me


I'm gonna sing, in the middle of the storm

Louder and louder, you're gonna hear my praises roar

Up from the ashes, hope will arise

Death is defeated, the King is alive


Last night a deacon and I made a visit on one of the members of our church who was going through a difficult time. I asked her if she had heard the song, and her eyes began to tear up as she commenced to express how much that song had meant to her during this the time of her pain and suffering.


I raise a hallelujah, with everything inside of me

I raise a hallelujah, I will watch the darkness flee

I raise a hallelujah, in the middle of the mystery

I raise a hallelujah, fear you lost your hold on me


Powerful words to sing or just listen to when your world seems to be caving in around you. If you need a little encouragement today or any day, this song is the place to go. Take a moment to click on the link below and listen and let God lift up your eyes and  "watch the darkness flee."

Yours in faith and friendship,

Tom

Raise a Hallelujah (Live) [Lyric Video] | Bethel Music - YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment