Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Leadership Thought: I Am Finally Published-Home Run, Leadership Lessons from the Coach. 

Dear Friends,

 

A number of months ago one of my friends, Dan Brennan who is an elder in the church I serve, and a faithful reader of my daily "Leadership Thoughts," took it upon himself to edit my daily devotional messages, and at an elders meeting, surprised me with a beautiful hard cover copy of a year's worth of "Leadership Thoughts." The book is over 900 pages-a lot longer than War and Peace or A Tale of Two Cities, and while it will never be on the Best Seller list, I have the satisfaction of knowing I have written my first book and at 80 who's counting? 


Fast forward to last night, and once again to another elder's meeting, and once again my friend Dan provided me with another surprise. Prior to our meeting, he announced to me and our team of elders that he had produced an Amazon Kindle edition of the book, The Home Run: Leadership Lessons from the Coach, and it is now available online. With a kind and flattering forward by Dan and containing even a bio of my years of ministry, I now can tell my grandchildren that for the hefty price of 99 cents they can purchase grandpa's book. Now the hard cover is a little pricier due to its size-coffee table edition-and because it requires a weightlifter's arms to hoist it into a reading position, and it will cost you over $ 20.00 but the good news is that shipping is free. 


Now if you are like me, frugal, or as Jean likes to describe me, cheap- I prefer the cheaper version. And besides, who would want to lug a seven-pound book with them while going on vacation?  There are no public appearances scheduled or well publicized book signings on the horizon, (I am a 'homeboy') but if you want a free sneak preview of the first few pages, you can do so by going to Amazon.com and clicking on The Home Run Crenshaw.


Thanks Dan, and thanks to all of you who have taken time to read my musings which began many years ago when I first e-mailed these daily devotionals in 2002 when serving on the staff at Calvary Chapel, Fort Lauderdale. You, the faithful readers of those devotionals, have been the source of my inspiration and encouragement as well as my motivation for getting up before sunrise each morning in an effort to communicate something that would be helpful, and hopefully uplifting and encouraging. 


You are the reason I write, and as I said to another friend and faithful reader -I hear from him almost every day- "Keep reading and I'll keep writing."

 

Yours in faith and friendship

 Tom


https://www.amazon.com/Home-Run-Leadership-Lessons-Devotional-ebook/dp/B09N38V7BW/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=tom+crenshaw&qid=1638899061&sr=8-2

No comments:

Post a Comment