Thursday, January 2, 2020


Have You Chosen Your Life Word for 2020?

Dear Friends:

What’s your “Life Word” for this coming year? That’s the question I asked each of my family members while vacationing with them over Christmas in Destin, Florida. For the past few years, each of my children and I have selected one word that will be our focus for the coming year. Our “Life Word” is a word that represents a value or goal that will bring intentionality to our life and actions for the new year.

In Life Word, Discover Your One Word to Leave a Legacy, Dan Britton writes “Your Life Word is a word that will inspire you to live your best life while leaving your greatest legacy. In the process, you’ll discover your ‘why’ which will help show you the way to live with a renewed sense of power, purpose and passion.”

You have probably heard the expression, “Life is God’s gift to us and what we do with it is our gift to God.” As I thought about what I would select as my Life Word for 2020, I wanted it to be a fitting gift to God. The life word I have chosen for 2020 is the word ‘value.’ In the year 2020 I want my focus to be on adding value to others. I want to be continually searching for ways that I can make others better by adding value to their lives.

The late Mother Teresa exhorts us saying, “Don’t let anyone leave you without being better or happier,” and that is good advice for the one who seeks to add value to others. I want to be a difference maker and I hope you do to.

I would encourage you to join with me and thousands of others who are looking to live 2020 with a focus on doing something that will make a difference in your life or in the lives of others.

In closing, I would love to hear the Life Word you have prayerfully chosen for this New Year. 

Yours in faith and friendship,
Pastor Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment