Monday, July 27, 2020


Leadership Thought: Do You Know that Jesus Is Praying for You?

Dear Friends,

Did you know that your name is on Jesus’ prayer list? Isn’t that something exciting to think about?

Not only am I eternally saved. Not only am I eternally forgiven. Not only has He clothed a sinful scoundrel like me in His robes or righteousness, but He keeps on loving me. As Pastor Steve Brown is fond of saying,  If God were a grandmother, He would have your picture in His wallet or on His refrigerator.

Jesus not only prays for me, but He keeps praying for me. “Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them” (Hebrews 7:25). He is at the right hand of God making intercession for all of us.
Not only is our future secure because of what He has done for us on the cross, but even in the present He is always making intercession for us. This should be an encouragement to every believer. That is amazing love.

Charles Wesley best captures this kind of love in the following words of a hymn he wrote:

Depth of mercy, Can there be mercy still reserved for me?
Can my God His wrath forbear,
Me, the chief of sinners spare?
There for me the Savior stands,
Holding forth His wounded hands; God is love! I know, I feel,
Jesus weeps and loves me still.”

Have a great weekend.

Yours in faith and friendship,
Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment