Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Leadership Thought: A Conversation with My Grand Daughter About Memorial Day.

Dear Friends,

Yesterday as my nine-year-old granddaughter and I were planting little American flags in our front lawn, I asked her if she knew why we were doing it. 

She didn't seem to be real sure, so I told her as best as I could that we were doing it as a way of remembering all those fallen soldiers who died to preserve our freedom. 

I am not sure  how much of what I said sunk in, but as we talked, I found myself wondering how many of those in our nation really understand or appreciate the significance of Memorial Day.

This past Friday I sent out a Leadership Thought reminding us of ways we can celebrate today, and if you didn't read it, I hope you will.

Please don't let apathy or indifference steal away the sacredness of this day.

Enjoy the day with your family and friends, but don't let your celebrations overshadow the reason you gather for each of us is called to care for each and every soldier who fought to preserve the freedoms we enjoy.

Yours in faith and friendship.

Tom 

P.S For a powerful three-minute reminder of why we celebrate this day, please click on the    link  below.

 www.youtube.com › watchMEMORIAL DAY | We Will Remember - YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment