Monday, March 23, 2020


Thought for the Day: Did You Hear What I Heard?

Dear Friends,

For the five years I have listened to Minute with Maxwell over the internet. I find it to be a wonderful way to start off my day. Each day in a minute or two, John Maxwell  provides me with a leadership tip or an encouraging comment on some aspect of leadership truth. I think anyone who aspires to be a leader would do himself or herself a great service by tuning in to these short lessons on leadership. They come every day, but at the end of the week, he puts them all together in case anyone missed any of the messages during the week.

Do yourself a favor. Click on each day for the next week to listen and watch a daily message  (found below) and see if listening to John doesn't become one of the first things you do in the morning, of course, after your devotional time with God.

John is a believer, a one-time pastor of one of the largest churches in the 

Wesleyan Methodist  denomination, and you will hear his heart for a Jesus lifestyle in most every one of his messages. If you like the messages, why not ask to receive them regularly. They are free. If you do, I promise they will teach and challenge you to become better leaders.

And for those receiving this e-mail who are a part of our church Spiritual Leadership class, let me ask you two things as I close.

1. What did you read today that has made you a better person/leader? Of course, you read the Word, but anything else? If not, why not find a good leadership book and start by reading a  chapter today. Why do I suggest this? Simply because Leaders are Learners!

Did you do your homework. Let me know if any of you have completed chapter 9 and 10 in Spiritual Leadership by Oswald Sanders, and e-mail me know one thing you loved /learned in your reading.

Have  a blessed weekend,
Tom 



Dear Tom,

In case you might have missed the last few episodes, here is a summary with quick links to get you caught up with this week’s Minute with Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment