Friday, April 24, 2020


Leadership Thought: Your Homework for the Weekend Is…

Dear Friends

Do you remember when you were in high school and on Friday your teacher would utter those dreadful words, “ Your assignment for the weekend is...?"

When I was a high school teacher,  I remember my students would complain, “But, Mr. Crenshaw, why do we have to have homework over the weekend?” And I would always say the same thing “growth is not optional in my classroom.” And growth should never be an optional item for a believer.

With the weekend in mind let me give you a few homework possibilities that could make a difference in not only our life but also in the life of another.

1. Take the 5 Minute Challenge. Take a minute to think about someone who would be blessed to hear from you. Take two  minutes to pray for that person, or persons, and finally take two minutes to give them a call, write them a note, or send them an e-mail. Hint. A person to person phone call would generally be the best of your choices. Hopefully, you might enjoy doing it so much that it  becomes a  daily routine, and what a blessing that would be for you and for others.

2. Sit down and make a “Thankful List.” On your list include everything over your entire life span for which you are thankful. I began mine on Easter, and almost  every day since, I have thought of an additional ‘item’ to add to my "Thankful  List." I am now up to number 27. I hope you have that many “Thankful things,” but at my age I probably have a little bit of a head start on most of you.

3. Listen to a 13-minute video that has gone viral (I think that means a lot of people like it) by a well-known Christian pastor named, Francis Chan, who gives us a very important reason, beside a pandemic, to slow down. And if you don’t listen to it this weekend, please listen to it as soon as possible. I think it will change the way you “do life.” Just click on the following link.https://youtu.be/a3T1srvSgKw

Well students, have a wonderful weekend, and don’t forget to turn in your homework on Monday. Just drop me an e-mail  and let me know how you have begun to change your life or the life of someone else.

Thankfully Yours,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment