Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Subject: Leadership Thought for Those Who Have Dogs or Who Are Thinking About Having One.

Dear Friends,

I don't often share video clips as part of my Leadership Thoughts, but sometimes I view one that I just have to share. Some of you who don't understand how precious dogs can be to a family will not understand or appreciate this clip by former governor Mike Huckabee. However as a dog lover all my life and as one who can't remember more than a few months of my life when I was without a dog, I send this short video to you in hopes it will  help you understand why dogs mean so much to me and to so many others. 

Over the years Jean and I have had 12 dogs, and each one was a special member of our family. Among them  were Lassie a Collie who blessed out home in Greenville, Pa, and Huggy, a big loveable Old English Sheep Dog we had while living in Philadelphia, Pa.,and Riley, another Old English Sheep dog who bore us ten little pups- one of which we tithed-but that is a story for another day while in Rumson, NJ and Grin and Bear it, and Sophie…and now Maggie. We loved each one of them- all in special ways, and losing them was as tough as losing a  family member, for they were truly as much a part of our family as any of our family members.

Those of you who have watched the movie "A Dog's Purpose"-if you haven't seen it I hope you will-can never forget the tears you probably shed as you watched the ending when Ethan discovers his long lost friend Bailey and they are wonderfully reunited once again. 

Enough said, so let me close this message as my little friend Maggie lies at my feet, hoping you will take a few minutes to watch the clip below in hopes that it will help you understand why dogs are truly a Man's and Woman's and Child's Best Friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxsLJJ3uhD0

Yours in faith and friendship,

Tom

P.S. Love is wet noses, sloppy kisses, and a wagging tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment