Friday, January 22, 2021

Leadership Thought:  Leave Your Legacy in People, Not with People:  It Only takes Two Minutes to Start.

Dear Friends, 

I want to leave a legacy when I leave planet earth,  and I hope you do too. As has been said, "you don't build a legacy in a moment, but in a lifetime."

One way I am trying to build a legacy is by reading good books, associating with good people, studying God's Word on a daily basis. and asking God through prayer to fill me with His wisdom. But there is also another helpful tool in building a leadership legacy, and I know some of you have discovered it. It is a daily lesson on leadership called Minute with Maxwell. This brief two- or three-minute leadership lesson presented by John Maxwell, one of the  world's greatest authorities on leadership, is an excellent resource for leadership growth. I start each day by reading and studying the Word-I am presently studying the book of Galatians- and taking some time to come before God in prayer. And then I take a few moments to listen to a short leadership lesson from John Maxwell. I am learning something new each day from these valuable two- and three-minute  life lessons on leadership. I have a long ways to go to become the kind of leader who leaves behind a leadership legacy, but I am on my way and I am trying to improve a little each day, for I know that as Maxwell often says, "Leadership is not developed in a day; it is developed daily."

I would encourage you to click on this three-minute leadership thought below,  and learn how you can develop your life legacy. And no, I don't get anything from encouraging you to click on the link except the joy that comes from knowing you too are on your way to building your own leadership legacy.

If you haven't already begun to put "legs to your legacy," I hope you will start today. Take a listen below and let me know if you have begun your journey so that we might travel together.

"And may you have a good day and a godly one for what lasting value is a good one unless it is a godly one? (The late Dr. Bob Cook)

Yours in faith and friendship,

Tom

LEGACY | John Maxwell Team

No comments:

Post a Comment