Monday, March 28, 2022

Leadership Thought: My Book on Encouragement Finally Published but Not Quite the Way I Had Expected.

Dear Friends,

For many years I have had a goal of writing a book on encouragement. I started 15 years ago and had written half the book, but that was as far as I got. I put the book on the back burner, unable to find the time needed to complete it. Much to my surprise, however, I discovered that the book had already been published, but just in a much different format than I had anticipated.

The book, When You Need Encouragement, (Leadership Lessons from the Coach) was recently published and presented to me as a surprise gift at a recent small group Bible study in which I am involved. And not only was this book presented to me, but it also came with 15 other paperback books on subjects including, When You Need: patience, forgiveness, laughter, wisdom, endurance, success, faith, purpose, hope, self-control, prayer, to take action, love, friendship, and justice.

Let me explain. The same friend who months ago completely surprised me by putting together a 600-page book on the subject of leadership, The Home Run, Leadership Lessons from the Coach, a compilation of devotionals I had written over the past couple of years, surprised me again with the publication of a series of 16 individual paperback books titled When You Need…, and included in that series was a book When You Need Encouragement.

My friend Dan Brennan had taken almost 70 messages I had written over the years about encouragement and had them published under the title When You Need Encouragement.

It wasn’t quite the book on encouragement that I started a number of years ago and had been planning to complete, but it was certainly a time saving substitute. And not only did he surprise me and those members in our small group with this book on encouragement, but he also presented me with an additional 15 other paperback books in a series of When You Need…including books on: Patience, Faith, Wisdom, Endurance, Love, Friendship, Success, Purpose, and seven other topics.

I continue to be overwhelmed by Dan’s love, support and encouragement and I am amazed that he secretly found time to complete the project while working a very demanding full-time job.

I have received a number of special gifts over the 50 plus years of my ministry, but none greater than this legacy of love produced by this friend and church elder.

All these books, including The Home Run, Leadership Lessons from a Coach, are available on Kindle by going to Amazon and typing in the title and my name.

At the top of the list, and the book for which I will be most grateful is the book I began writing many years ago, but which was finally completed, albeit in a little different way than I had expected.

I hope you will check out on Amazon When You Need Encouragement, and any of the others above mentioned and let me know what you think.

Writing can be a rewarding but tedious undertaking, but it is a lot easier when you have a good friend like Dan Brennan who does much of the work for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours in faith and friendship,

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment