Monday, March 4, 2024

A Different Kind of Leadership Thought

Dear Friends,

It has been said that "He who laughs, lasts," and so in the interest of some laughter and levity, I leave you with my "Friday Funnies."  

Last night our Life Group liked them, and my hope is that so will you.

And, for some of you who are of the more serious nature, I leave you with 5 questions that you might consider using when initiating an evangelistic conversation. 

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.

Be decisive. Right or wrong, make a decision. The road is paved with flat squirrels who couldn’t make a decision.

When I get a headache, I take two aspirin and keep away from children. Just like the bottle says.

Just once, I want the prompt to username and password to say, close enough.

Becoming an adult is the dumbest thing I’ve ever done.

If you see me talking to myself, just move along. I’m self-employed. We’re having a meeting.

Your call it very important to us. Please enjoy the 40-minute flute solo.

I hate it when I can’t figure out how to operate the iPad and my tech support guy is asleep. He’s 5, and it’s past his bedtime.

Today’s 3-year-olds can switch on laptops and open their favorite apps. When I was 3, I ate mud.

Tips for a successful marriage. Don’t ask your wife when dinner will be ready while she’s mowing the lawn.

So, you drive across town to a gym to walk on a treadmill?

Old age is coming at a really bad time.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Last year, I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven’t met yet.

Why do I have to press 1 for English, when you’re just going to transfer me to someone I can’t understand anyway?

Now, I’m wondering, did I send this to you, did you send it to me? Or have I only sent it to myself?

You don’t need anger management. You need people to stop irritating you.

Your people skills are just fine. It’s your tolerance for idiots that needs work.

On time is, when you get there.

Even duct tape can’t fix stupid, but it sure does muffle the sound.

It would be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the dryer for 10 minutes, then come out wrinkle free, and three sides of smaller.

Lately, you’ve noticed people your age are so much older than you.

One for the road means peeing before you leave the house.

I am Indebted to Ned Newland, a friend and former member of a church I pastored, for  sending these to me as well as any laughter they may have caused.

And now in a more serious vein, I leave with you five questions you might use in initiating an evangelistic conversation.

Do you have any spiritual beliefs?

To you, who is Jesus?

Do you think there is a heaven and hell?

If you died right now, where do you think you would you go?

If what you believe were not true, would you want to know?  

Yours in faith and friendship,

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment