Monday, November 27, 2023

Leadership Thought: Dealing with Grief by Remembering Who's Left

Dear Friends.

The other night we were watching a video presentation at our weekly Grief Share meeting on the different ways one can deal with grief. and the presenter shared something that spoke to my heart. 

He said, "Don't focus on who left but who’s left."

When we lose someone, it is natural to focus on who left you. You hurt and grieve over the one who has been taken from you, but we must never forget who’s left.

I'm so grateful for the many friends I have left after Jean's passing, friends who have helped encourage and support me during my darkest hours.  I miss my dear wife so much, but I am grateful for those I have I still have left who have walked with me along my path of sorrow.

But of all the persons I have left, and there are many, the one I lean on the most and the one who has been my greatest source of comfort is my friend the Lord Jesus. He is the friend who has assured me, "I will never leave you or forsake you," and who has promised me that "I will be with you always."

And when I focus on His presence, I am filled with overwhelming gratitude, and my heart turns to praise at the thought of His love for me.

And during those times, when I am reminded that I am not  alone, I shout out, "Alexa, play Gratitude, and I begin listening to the words of the song that brings praise to my lips and joy to my heart.  

I hope you will read the words below, but better yet, listen to the song. I think you will be glad you did.

Yours in faith and friendship,

Tom

Gratitude - Brandon Lake - Lyric Video - YouTube

A sunset over a lake

Description automatically generated

05:38

Feb 14, 2021 · Lyric video for the song "Gratitude" by Brandon Lake. From his album "House of Miracles". Written by Brandon Lake, Dante Bowe, and Ben Hastings.Stay Connecte...

·         Feb 15, 2021

·         1.9M

·         TheCatLadyJ

 

                            "Gratitude"

                         All my words fall short

                         I got nothing new

                                                      How could I express

                                                       All my gratitude?


I could sing these songs
As I often do
But every song must end
And You never do

So I throw up my hands

And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

I've got one response
I've got just one move
With my arms stretched wide
I will worship You

So I throw up my hands
And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

So come on my soul, oh, don't you get shy on me
Lift up your song, 'cause you've got a lion
Inside of those lungs
Get up and praise the Lord
Oh, come on my soul, oh, don't you get shy on me
Lift up your song, 'cause you've got a lion
Inside of those lungs
Get up and praise the Lord
Come on my soul, oh, don't you get shy on me
Lift up your song, 'cause you've got a lion
Inside of those lungs
Get up and praise the Lord, hey
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord
Praise the Lord

So I throw up my hands
Praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment